Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- the submission file is in Microsoft Word (or similar); the text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are cited within the text and uploaded as separate files (images in high resolution, at least 300 dpi)
- the corresponding Author is clearly indicated. His/her contact details are correctly mentioned.
- the text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in Submissions and includes an abstract (structured if required), key words and a running head
- where available, DOI for the references have been provided
- if Artificial intelligence (AI)– assisted technologies were used in the production of the submitted work, both the cover letter and the submitted work clearly state this and provide detail on their use
Authors whose affiliation is Istituto Superiore di Sanità can submit their paper only after obtaining the authorizations of their heads of structures in the usual ISS authorization procedure (Infoweb).
Open access, copyright and license policy
Authors agree for the copyright of their article to be transferred to the Istituto Superiore di Sanità, if and when the article is accepted for publication.
In submitting this article to Annali dell’Istituto Superiore di Sanità author certifies that:
- he/she is authorized by co-authors to enter into these arrangements;
- he/she warrants, on behalf of co-authors, that:
- the article is original, not in the public domain and has not been published in any other journal or book, is not being considered for publication elsewhere in any form and will not be submitted for such consideration while under review by this journal;
- nothing in the article is obscene, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, violates any right of privacy or infringes any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, patent, or trademark) or other rights of any kind of any person or entity;
- nothing in the article infringes any duty of confidentiality which the author(s) may owe to another party or violates any contract, express or implied, that the author(s) may have entered into, and all of the institutions where the work, as reflected in the article, was performed have authorized publication;
- to his /hers/theirs-and currently accepted scientific knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and does not contain any material or instructions that might cause harm or injury.
- and he/she agrees to the following license agreement:
- the article will be published Open Access in the Annali dell’Istituto Superiore di Sanità by the Istituto Superiore di Sanità under the terms of the Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
- This means that if you submit your paper for publication to Annali, you agree to have the CC BY-NC-ND license applied to your work. Under this Open Access license, you as the author agree that anyone can freely reuse your article (share, copy and redistribute it), provided that appropriate credits are given and that the reuse is not for commercial purposes. Modified material cannot be distributed
Privacy Statement, following art. 13 of UE 2016/679 (GDPR) is available here
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.